My boutique audio studio, attached to the back of my home, is a short walk from Bloor and Keele, in the High Park area of Toronto’s west end. Custom designed and built by myself , it includes a comfortable four hundred square-foot workspace with 9-foot ceilings and a 7’ x 16’ ADR-voice record room treated for optimum voice print.
The studio is equipped with a Pro Tools® HD2 running on a MacPro tower that can deliver 256 tracks of real-time audio performance while internally locked to an
HD ProRes QuickTime video file. The system has DSP acceleration for solid performance, large track counts, and greater power for plug-in processing.
A large 64” desktop workspace is provided by the system’s two LCD monitors, and clients enjoy monitoring their work on a 50” plasma screen and calibrated surround 5.1 monitoring.
My solid library of high-end audio plugins includes:
- CEDAR DNS: Academy Award-winning performance with the most flexible Hollywood-level film dialogue noise suppression system ever developed.
- Izotope RX Advanced: Surgical precision sound cleaning and restoration tools, including de-noise, de-click, de-hum, de-crackle, and spectral repair.
- OXFORD Sonnox: Award-winning advanced audio restoration tools.
- Surround 360 ° Tools: The comprehensive set of processors for mixing 5.1 Surround sound.
- Waves NPP: This package includes convolution reverb, delay, equalization, compression, limiting, and level maximization.
- Neyrinck Sound Code: A PL2/PL1 Compatible Surround Encode/Downmix plugin for Pro Tools®.
- Stereo, LTRT and LoRo.
- Dorrough and VSonic Meters: 5.1 Surround Sound solutions for exact metering in all formats for accurate level measurements, including precision loudness monitoring.
- Massey, Equality, and ProQ plugins for Pro Tools®Speakerphone, Revolver, IR-L modeling and convolution of real acoustic environments.